- What Does He Need? is a project by artist/writer Fiona Whelan, theatre company Brokentalkers and Rialto Youth Project, exploring how men and boys are shaped by and influence the world they live in.
- What Does He Need? aims to create significant public dialogue about the current state of masculinity.
- What Does He Need? operates at the intersection of collaborative arts practice, performance, qualitative research and youth work.
To date the project and its partners have received funding and support from:
- Arts Council Artist in the Community scheme for Rialto Youth Project, Fiona Whelan and Brokentalkers, 2018
- Arts Council Arts Participation Project Award for Fiona Whelan, 2019
- National Youth Council of Ireland – Artist in Youth Work residency for Fiona Whelan and Rialto Youth Project, 2019 & 2020
- IMMA invited residency for Fiona Whelan, 2019
- Arts Council Arts Grant for Brokentalkers, 2019/2020
- Create / CAPP and Grangegorman Development Agency residency for Brokentalkers, 2019/2020
- Arts Council Theatre Artist in Residence Award for Brokentalkers and Fiona Whelan, 2020 in partnership with Dublin City Council Arts Office and Project Arts Centre
Drawing by Fiona Whelan.